SDM means Sub Divisional Magistrate. The district is divided into subdivisions. Each subdivision is led by an HR who has the authority as Executive Judge and Collector. He performed various judicial duties under the 1973 Criminal Procedure Code and several other minor acts.
The full form of SDM is Sub Divisional Magistrate. He can be a junior member of the Indian Administrative Services or a senior member of the Government Civil Service with relevant experience in a junior position. Moreover, he has direct control over his subdivisional tahsildar. He serves as a communication channel between district officials and his subdivisional tahsildar. Some of the general SDM responsibilities are:
- Registration of marriage
- Issue and renewal of driving licenses
- Issue and renewal of arm licenses
- Revenue function
- Election work
- Registration of vehicles
- Issue of certificates such as SC/ST, OBC, and Domicile
What is the Full Form of SDM?
The awarding of the title SDM, or Sub-Divisional Judge, is to the head of a district division. He is an administrative officer below the district level, depending on the country’s government structure. HR is basically an official. In addition, UPSC selected an Indian Administrative Services officer to work as HR during the training period. Some states of India are called Deputy/Assistant Collector or Assistant Commissioner.
A tehsil is a sub-district in every district. It is issued by the tax inspector, tax collector, or district judge. HR has authority over all sub-sections (tehsil) (sub-division judges). Under the 1973 Criminal Procedure Code, Subdivisional Judges in India have many executive and judicial responsibilities. The full form of SDM is Sub Divisional Magistrate.
Responsibilities of an SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate)
Below are the responsibilities of the Sub Divisional Magistrate:
The revenue function consists of conducting land registration, processing income cases, borders, and mutations, processing settlements, and acting as public land managers. SDM or Sub-Divisional Judges are known as Assistant Collectors and Revenue Assistants. They are mainly responsible for collecting income daily. Tehsildars control a subordinate financial staff consisting of Girdavars, Kanungos (Revenue Inspectors), and Patwaris. They are involved in revenue and field-level mutation activities. They are also authorized to issue mandatory certificates such as SC/ST & OBC, Domicile, Nationality, etc. Deed of title, deed of sale, power of attorney, share certificate, and all other legally required documents are registered at one of the nine sub-registrar offices. Deputy commissioners are secretaries for their respective districts and have supervisory powers over the sub-registrar. SDM’s full form salary is 55,000.
The Executive Magistrate is delegated to the Subdivision Magistrate. In this role, you are responsible for implementing the preventive section of the Criminal Procedure Code. They also investigate unnatural deaths of women within seven years of marriage and, if necessary, issue orders to the police to register the cases. SDM full form or Sub-Division Magistrates have the authority to investigate deaths in custody, e.g. in police cells, prisons, etc. Officers in this department can also act as the eyes and ears of the government and conduct investigations into all major accidents. Still, there are no limitations to significant fires, riots, and natural disasters. SDM ka full form is Sub Divisional Magistrate.
This department is responsible for all relief and recovery operations during a natural or man-made disaster. It is also responsible for coordinating and implementing disaster management plans for Natural and chemical disasters and awareness programs. In addition, it is for reducing disaster risk with the assistance of the United Nations Development Program.
How to Become an SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate)
To become an SDM, you must have completed Standard 12 and a degree from an accredited university. Then you must register for the Civil Service Examination, which is by the Union Public Service every year. In addition, after you complete UPSC, you become an IAS officer and have the appointment as an SDM.
Criteria or Eligibility for SDM:
Below are the criteria or eligibility to become an SDM:
- The candidate must be of Indian citizenship.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. To become an SDM, you must have a bachelor’s degree.
Essential Points to Keep in Mind to Apply for an SDM:
Below are some points which you need to keep in mind to apply for an SDM:
- Candidates can register for the exam even in their final year of study.
- The candidate’s pending results are also eligible for the UPSC-CSE pre-exam. But for the main exam, they must provide proof of passing it.
- Applicants with technical degrees can also apply for this position.
- Candidates with professional qualifications can take the exam.
- A medical student who is currently doing an internship after completing a major may also apply.
- Individuals who have passed the ICAI, CWA, or ICSI exams.
What is the Age Limit to Appear in SDM Exam?
To take the exam,
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 21 years. The exam has a maximum age limit of 32 years.
- The relaxation period for SC/ST candidates is five years. This raises the maximum age to 37 years.
- For OBC, the age limit with a relaxation of three years, and the age limit will be a maximum of 35 years.
- Suspension of 3 years for members of the armed forces who cannot complete operations with foreign countries.
- Five-year relaxation for ex-soldiers, including officers, ECO/Atlas SSC for 45 years of military service will end
- 10-year screening for persons with disabilities, blind, deaf, autistic, or other mental disabilities or various other disabilities.
SDM Full form in MBA:
SDM full form in MBA stands for “Sales and Distribution Management”. In addition, you can see sales management as part of an organization’s marketing mix. This is related to creating sales strategies, product merchandising and pricing, promotional activities, sales function and field service planning, staffing, and training. Monitor, motivate, and control to achieve sales goals.
SDM Full Form in Hindi:
SDM full form in Hindi is जैसे कि हम सब जानते है SDM के बहुत सारे Full Forms होते है, लेकिन उनमें से यह फुल फॉर्म Sub Divisional Magistrate सबसे ज्यादा प्रचलित है और लोग इसे पढ़ना काफी पसंद करते है। इस पोस्ट में आगे हम आपको SDM के अन्य फुल फॉर्म्स भी बताएंगे।