Closed-circuit television (CCTV), also called video surveillance. It is a system in which all elements, such as video cameras, monitors, and recording devices, are directly connected. CCTV is in use to monitor sensitive areas (certain areas that require continuous monitoring and where no one is watching all the time). It is instrumental in crime prevention as it monitors and records all activities. It is also used to monitor traffic by detecting traffic jams and detecting accidents. The full form of CCTV is closed-circuit television.
CCTV uses wired or wireless transmission to broadcast or send signals to a monitor or recording device. It can transmit video, audio, or both. Advanced CCTV cameras also have night vision capabilities to capture images in low-light conditions. CCTV signals are not broadcast publicly but are monitored for security reasons. CCTV camera full form is a closed circuit television camera.
Table of Contents
Basic Parts of CCTV
Here are some of the essential parts of CCTV:
- Security Cameras (Analog or Digital)
- Cables (RJ45 or RJ59 Cables)
- Display Unit (optional, usually a monitor)
- Video Recorders (DVR or NVR)
- Storage Unit (usually a Hard Disk)
Benefits of CCTV
Here are some of the benefits of CCTV ka full form:
- Video surveillance systems are a great deterrent to thieves. Once the thief realized he was under video surveillance, he would go elsewhere.
- Reduce fear of crime
- Facilitates remote monitoring
- Improve business efficiency and increase profitability
- It can be used as the best choice for home security
- It also increases the risk for shoplifters
- CCTV footage is a valuable aid to police investigating crimes
What is the Full Form of CCTV?
The answer to this question is the full form of CCTV, The complete form of CCTV is closed circuit television. It is mainly in use for surveillance and security purposes. CCTV is a system in which elements such as cameras, monitors, and recording devices are directly connected. It is to monitor sensitive areas, e.g., Certain areas require continuous monitoring, and no one can monitor continuously. CCTV is very useful in crime prevention as it monitors and records all activities.
It is also in use to monitor traffic by detecting traffic jams and detecting accidents. CCTV uses wired or wireless to broadcast or send signals to a monitor or recording device. It can transmit video, audio, or both. CCTV systems are usually in: Banks, ATMs, Shops and Multiplexes, Casinos, City Streets and Highways, Residential Buildings and Apartments, Company Houses, and Government. Offices and buildings, airports and railway buildings, industrial plants, etc.
Different Forms of CCTV Cameras
It is a system for transmitting video signals from CCTV cameras to monitors or recording devices. It is a “closed circuit” because the signal is not broadcast publicly but is available to certain authorized users. Due to the wide application of video surveillance systems in the security industry, video surveillance cameras mainly refer to surveillance cameras for home and business surveillance. CCTV ka full form kya hai Closed Circuit Television. Below are other essential abbreviations related to CCTV cameras for your information.
- PTZ CCTV camera full form: pan/tilt/zoom closed-circuit television camera
- CCTV camera DVR full form: closed-circuit television camera digital video recorder
- CCTV camera NVR full form: closed-circuit television camera network video recorder
- PIR CCTV camera full form: passive infrared closed-circuit television camera
- PoE CCTV camera full form: Power over Ethernet closed-circuit television cameras
- IR CCTV camera full form: infrared closed-circuit television cameras
Interesting Facts About CCTV Cameras
Here are some of the exciting facts about CCTV cameras for readers:
- The earliest documented use of CCTV systems dates back to 1942 – longer than you might think. Walter Bruch, a renowned German engineer, designed and installed the system, which uses CCTV cameras to view the launch of the V2 rocket on a monitor.
- It was only in 1949 that CCTV systems were first in use commercially. That year, an American company launched Vericon to monitor hazardous industrial processes or demonstrate surgical procedures to students up close.
- Thanks to CCTV technology, viewers could enjoy pay-per-view sports in the 1970s. The Rumble in the Jungle match alone attracted 50 million CCTV viewers worldwide at the time – quite a historic event!
- Primitive video surveillance systems were not in implementation in security surveillance until 1968, when New York City first installed video cameras to fight crime. Since then, CCTV cameras have spread worldwide – quickly and unstoppably. CCTV full form in English has a Closed Circuit television.
- There are over 350 million CCTV cameras worldwide, mainly for security surveillance in public places or private homes – a huge number!
- If you’re in the US, you’re caught on security cameras more than 200 times a day – no wonder you know that one in ten people in America has more than one security camera.
- People in different countries may have other names for security cameras, such as surveillance or IP cameras. British people prefer to use “CCTV” security cameras.
- Most CCTV cameras have internet connection IP cameras and can have access anywhere on the internet. That is, CCTV cameras are no longer completely “in covering.”
What Are the Types of CCTV Cameras?
CCTV cameras can be category wise into different groups based on various factors. For example, in terms of signal transmission media, CCTV cameras can be the division into:
- Analog CCTV cameras
- IP CCTV cameras
Unlike analog systems, IP surveillance cameras have become mainstream in the security industry, with much clearer images, easy remote access, flexible installation, and affordable prices, providing superior protection, convenience, and security. Depending on how the IP camera is in connection to the internet, there are:
- Cellular surveillance cameras
- PoE surveillance cameras
- Wi-Fi surveillance cameras
You can choose the type of CCTV according to your situation. For example, a mobile CCTV camera like the Reolink Go is the best choice in places without a router network such as in caravans, boats, vacation homes, or even in the wild.
And you can use PoE security cameras or Wi-Fi security cameras in areas with Wi-Fi internet access at home, such as B. in your driveway, gate, or shop front. In addition, CCTV cameras can be in classification according to their source or form.
CCTV Full Form in Hindi सीसीटीवी क्या है
Well, CCTV full form in Hindi is CCTV की फुल फॉर्म Closed Circuit Television होती है. यह एक ऐसा कैमरा होता है जो हर समय निगरानी (Surveillance) करने के लिए उपयोग किया जाता है. CCTV कैमरा किसी ऐसे Place में लगाया जाता जैसे की मुख्य द्वार या किसी कार्यालय, अस्पताल आदि जहाँ से लोगों पर निगरानी रखने की आवश्यकता होती है. CCTV Camera एक कंप्यूटर सर्वर से जुड़ा होता है.