The BSc full form is the Bachelor of Science and is a 3-year undergraduate program in science and technology. The BSc course is essential for science students, and candidates who have passed all the 10+2 exams of the science stream can apply for admission to this course.
B.Sc, unlike B.Tech, is full-time and distance learning, which is why this course is popular with students. A bachelor’s degree is one of the most common programs for young graduates who want to continue their education while working. Due to various advantages such as affordability, flexibility, and educational efficiency, distance learning B.Sc has gained popularity over the years.
The BA degree offers two programs: B.Sc General and B.Sc Honors, and is aimed at students who wish to gain a basic understanding of the subject and undertake detailed research and technical courses.
Key Attractions of the BSc Program:
Here are some of the key attractions of the BSC program for students:
- BSc provides in-depth scientific and technical knowledge, and students must have a good knowledge of mathematics to complete this course.
- BSc allows entry to those who have completed 12 in the science track with a minimum percentile.
- Sc is available with certain subjects from specializations like IT, Computer Science, Nursing, Fashion Design, Agriculture, etc.
- Sc is offered as full-time and distance learning.
Why Should You Even Pursue BSc?
BSc degree programs help students in many ways, guiding them through subjects such as chemistry, mathematics, statistics, etc. A distance bachelor’s degree is one of the most suitable programs for working professionals and those pursuing a BSc degree. Here are the reasons for a bachelor’s degree:
- Students with a reasonable prior knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences are suitable for this course.
- After a BSc degree, students can pursue an interdisciplinary career.
- This course equips science students with theoretical, practical, and research skills.
Types of BSc Programs:
There are 3 types of undergraduate programs; you can choose a degree program according to your choice.
Regular B.Sc is a traditional face-to-face course where you must attend regular classes and take an entrance exam to be admitted. This is a suitable course for those who have just turned 12 and are willing to devote 3 years to higher education.
Part-time or distance bachelor’s degree:
This course is specifically designed for working professionals, and students are not required to take all courses. Entry is flexible in terms of time, and you can work alongside your studies. The value of a bachelor’s degree or distance learning is equivalent to a regular degree recognized by UGC.
BSc Online is a program for those who wish to study through online lectures and independent learning materials. This is an advanced program for working professionals or students who want to work and study full-time simultaneously.
The Eligibility Criteria of BSc:
The selection criteria in regular BSc and online B.Sc are different because the entrance exam is essential for regular BSc courses. However, most distance learning universities offer direct admission to distance learning B.Sc. Although the basic requirements for entry into full-time and distance B.Sc remain the same. The following minimum requirements apply to undergraduate degree applications:
- Candidate must have completed 10+2 in Science Stream from a recognized board.
- Applicant must have an average grade point average of 45 percent.
Who Should Pursue BSc?
Here are the reasons which show why you should pursue BSC:
- Students are interested in learning interdisciplinary scientific concepts
- Students who wish to study scientific and mathematical concepts and hope for a career in these fields.
- Students interested in undertaking research projects, including laboratory research, may pursue a bachelor’s degree with appropriate specialization.
What is the Average Salary of a BSc Graduate?
The Bachelor of Science or BSc is in various specializations and offers students many opportunities for their future. If you are wondering how much salary you can earn as a freshman after a BSc degree, then you need to take a look at the list below:
- Sc in Agriculture: INR 20,000 to INR 55,000 per month
- Sc in Biochemistry: INR 15,000 to INR 25,000 per month
- Sc in Computer Science: INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per month
- Sc in Electronics: INR 20,000 to INR 30,000 per month
- Sc in Food Technology: INR 25,000 to INR 45,000 per month
- Sc in IT: INR 20,000 to INR 35,000 per month
- Sc in Psychology: INR 25,000 to INR 45,000
Do I Require Any Work Experience for BSc?
No, professional experience is not required for admission to the BSc program. Students can take courses based on their qualifications and previous results.
Do I Need to Give Any Entrance Exam for BSc?
Students must face entrance examinations to earn a bachelor’s degree in any specialization.
BSc Curriculum and Subjects:
The BSc degree program is in either a semester or year format. The regular BSc and BSc distance syllabus are almost the same. BSc is a 3-year course and consists of a total of 6 semesters.
What is the Fee of a BSc Program?
If you want to take one of the BSc specializations and are wondering about the cost of the course. Then let me simplify this for you, the average cost you will incur to attend an undergraduate program is Rs 10,000 – Rs 1 lakh per year. However, prices vary depending on the university and type of study.
Can I Get a Scholarship for BSc Admission?
Some universities provide scholarships to students who meet specific criteria. Moreover, the following are the types of scholarships students are likely to receive from the university:
- Scholarships are on performance.
- Scholarships for members of reserved categories such as SC, ST, and OBC.
- Grants are based on family income.
How to Get into BSc?
Students can take undergraduate courses on merit or admission; it depends on the university.
The university or college publishes aggregate thresholds on a course-by-course basis. The offering of provisional admission will be to applicants who meet the admission criteria and exit. The candidate must visit the institute for document verification and pay the entrance fee to gain admission to the institute.
Several institutions and universities take entrance exams for admission to undergraduate programs. Candidates must register and be present for the exam. After passing this exam, they are selected to enter the next level, which includes a consultation round.
In this post, we have covered everything on BSC full form in English and more.